Nflightcam Audio Recording Cable for Smartphones
- Capture everything you hear in your headset, including ATC audio.
- Noise-cancelling audio circuit creates crystal-clear audio recording.
- Quick and easy to install in any aircraft with a standard PJ jack.
- Works with standard twin-plug headsets.
- Works with iPhones and iPad models with a 3.5mm jack and most Android devices.
- Does not work with GoPro cameras, digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras, or digital audio recorders.
- This cable is also available in a helicopter version (from the dropdown menu). This variation uses a Male TP-101 plug and a Female U-92 jack (the standard 0.5" 4-conductor plugs used in most civilian helicopters).
Use this cable to connect your smartphone to your intercom. Plug one end into the phone and the other into a standard PJ jack. The phone will record everything you hear and say through the headset, including intercom and ATC communications.
The cable includes a female plug to connect to your headset so you’re not blocking an intercom jack.
iPhone and iPad models with a 3.5mm jack and most Android devices with a 3.5mm jack. Tested on Samsung Galaxy series phones.
*Not compatible with digital video cameras, DSLR cameras, or digital audio recording devices. Please see our Digital Audio Recording Cable for these devices.
*Smartphone not included
Why does this cable not work with my video camera or digital audio recorder?
Smartphones use the headphone jack for both audio output and input. In order to do this, a fourth pole was added to the standard 3.5mm connector. However, long before the advent of smartphones, digital audio recorders were using the standard 3-pole 3.5mm connector.
SKU 409 (fixed-wing)
SKU 409H (helicopter/military)
This has helped me so much with my instrument. My instructor would dump so much on me during our flights that it was hard for me to remember what happened afterward. Not anymore! Having an exact record is really speeding up my lessons as I don’t spend half the flight going over the last one anymore. Pull the trigger and it will save you money in the long run. Thank you for creating something so awesome!
The cable records the audio excellently. It's ridiculously easy to use & the records sound awesome! Infrequently there will be small disturbances in the audio; I believe it is due to movement of the 3.5mm to lightning adapter that I have to use for my iPhone. Easily worth the purchase & money well spent.
It worked perfectly, providing excellent audio.
I am a student pilot who likes to analyze every step on my learning journey. Being able to record my contacts with ATCs, GNDs, etc. is great. Together with a GoPro, I can review my flights and study where my deficiencies are. And, having a separated recorder (I use my phone), it makes a great experience once I join audio and video. Great product!
We enjoy using the recording cable on our flights to share videos and debrief our radio communications. Simple to connect and start recording! Ordering was easy, and shipping was very fast. Very pleased with this product.