NFlightCam Digital Audio Recording Cable
- Capture everything you hear in your headset, including ATC audio.
- Noise-canceling audio circuit creates crystal-clear audio recording.
- Quick and easy to install in any aircraft with a standard PJ jack.
- Works with most digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras, and digital audio recorders.
- Does not work with iPhones or Androids.
- Does not work with GoPro Hero, Hero2, Hero3, or Hero4
- This cable can be used in conjunction with the GoPro 3.5mm Mic Adapter and the GoPro Hero5/6/7/8/9/10 Black cameras. (This cable is included in our NFlightCam Audio+Power Solution for the GoPro Hero5/6/7/8/9/10 Black.)
- This cable is also available in a helicopter version (from the dropdown menu). This variation uses a Male TP-101 plug and a Female U-92 jack (the standard 0.5" 4-conductor plugs used in most civilian helicopters).
This cable allows you to record all ATC and cockpit intercom transmissions on a digital audio recording device. Unlike a smartphone, this cable uses the standard 3-pole audio input and is compatible with most digital audio recorders, digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras with audio input, and other standard audio recording devices. It is NOT compatible with smartphones; please see our other specialty cables for these products.
Why does this cable not work with my iPhone or Android?
Smartphones use the headphone jack for both audio output and input. In order to do this, a 4th pole was added to the standard 3.5mm connector. However, long before the advent of smartphones, digital audio recorders were using the standard 3-pole 3.5mm connector.
SKU 430 (fixed-wing)
SKU 430H (helicopter/military)
SKU 430L (fixed-wing extra long cable: 10ft rather than 6ft)
The cable is very easy to use and simple to install and reaches to the mounting spots in all of the training aircraft at my school. I used it for the first time today and could barely hear the audio between my instructor and I. I'm not sure if the cable may have disconnected at some point or there is an issue with my splitter. But honestly it's a great product and I think the apeman A79 cameras just aren't great to use with the audio cable so far, but I've seen that it works for other people. I recommend using a gopro for sure over a cheap action camera.
Hi, Anil! If the volume level on your recording is low, there's an easy fix for that. The audio cable records directly from your aircraft intercom (not your headset), so the recording is tied to your intercom volume, which is probably set too low. To fix that, turn up your intercom volume, and then turn down your headset volume. Then the volume level will be correct in both your headset while flying and on your recording. If you have any other questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-891-8607. Thanks! Patrick and Courtney, owners of NFlightCam
Crystal clear audio to my GoPro and fast shipping
The two times I have used it, it has worked well with my GoPro 9, it's audio adaptor and the aircraft radio it was plugged in to. It words as advertised, I am impressed with what I have see thus far and I am excited to use it more in different aircraft.
Amazing Customer Service!!
Folks, you can get cables anywhere. When I ******* up my order, Courtney was fast flexible and very accommodating in getting me the quality cable I needed!! Excellent Experience in both item and service!!