NFlightCam Digital Audio Recording Cable
- Capture everything you hear in your headset, including ATC audio.
- Noise-cancelling audio circuit creates crystal-clear audio recording.
- Quick and easy to install in any aircraft with a standard PJ jack.
- Works with most digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras, and digital audio recorders.
- Does not work with iPhones or Androids.
- Does not work with GoPro Hero, Hero2, Hero3, or Hero4
- This cable can be used in conjunction with the GoPro Pro Mic Adapter and the GoPro Hero5/6/7/8/9 Black cameras. (This cable is included in our NFlightCam Audio+Power Solution for the GoPro Hero5/6/7/8/9 Black.)
- This cable is also available in a helicopter version (from the dropdown menu). This variation uses a Male TP-101 plug and a Female U-92 jack (the standard 0.5" 4-conductor plugs used in most civilian helicopters).
This cable allows you to record all ATC and cockpit intercom transmissions on a digital audio recording device. Unlike a smartphone, this cable uses the standard 3-pole audio input and is compatible with most digital audio recorders, digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras with audio input, and other standard audio recording devices. It is NOT compatible with smartphones or GoPro; please see our other specialty cables for these products.
Why does this cable not work with my iPhone or Android?
Smartphones use the headphone jack for both audio output and input. In order to do this, a 4th pole was added to the standard 3.5mm connector. However, long before the advent of smartphones, the digital audio recorders were using the standard 3-pole 3.5mm connector.
SKU 430 (fixed-wing)
SKU 430H (helicopter/military)
SKU 430L (fixed-wing extra long cable: 10ft rather than 6ft)
I was trying to record my flight using regular off the shelf cable 1/4 to 3.5 but the audio was peaking could not use any audio. so I was looking for attenuated cable. after my calculation it was cheaper to buy this cable instead of DIY attenuated cable which consisted of 4 separate cable. more cable connection means more possible failure point. This Cable had perfect attenuation guessing about -50~70db. Did not peak my audio. I am using GoPro Hero 9 with Media Mod.
It works great on my GoPro, and shipping is way faster than I expected, good service.
Super bit of kit works superb on all Robinson helicopters… ordered from uk on Monday arrived Thursday
I was surprised at the clarity of recording while using this audio cable.
Cable works great. Clean and clear audio coming into my GoPro. Definitely recommend this product.