- Capture everything you hear in your headset, including ATC audio.
- Noise-canceling audio circuit creates crystal-clear audio recording.
- Quick and easy to install in any aircraft with a standard PJ jack.
- Works with most digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras, and digital audio recorders.
- Compatible with DJI and Insta360 products via their respective 3.5mm mic adapters.
- Does not work with iPhones or Androids.
- Does not work with GoPro Hero, Hero2, Hero3, or Hero4
- This cable can be used in conjunction with the GoPro 3.5mm Mic Adapter and the GoPro Hero5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12 Black cameras. (This cable is included in our NFlightCam Audio+Power Solution for the GoPro Hero5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12 Black.)
- This cable is also available in a helicopter version (from the dropdown menu). This variation uses a Male TP-101 plug and a Female U-92 jack (the standard 0.5" 4-conductor plugs used in most civilian helicopters).
This cable allows you to record all ATC and cockpit intercom transmissions on a digital audio recording device. Unlike a smartphone, this cable uses the standard 3-pole audio input and is compatible with most digital audio recorders, digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras with audio input, and other standard audio recording devices. It is NOT compatible with smartphones; please see our other specialty cables for these products.
Why does this cable not work with my iPhone or Android?
Smartphones use the headphone jack for both audio output and input. In order to do this, a 4th pole was added to the standard 3.5mm connector. However, long before the advent of smartphones, digital audio recorders were using the standard 3-pole 3.5mm connector.
SKU 430 (fixed-wing)
SKU 430LEMO (fixed-wing, LEMO connectors)
SKU 430H (helicopter/military)
SKU 430L (fixed-wing extra long cable: 10ft rather than 6ft)