NFlightCam Digital Audio Recording Cable
- Capture everything you hear in your headset, including ATC audio.
- Noise-cancelling audio circuit creates crystal-clear audio recording.
- Quick and easy to install in any aircraft with a standard PJ jack.
- Works with most digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras, and digital audio recorders.
- Does not work with iPhones or Androids.
- Does not work with GoPro Hero, Hero2, Hero3, or Hero4
- This cable can be used in conjunction with the GoPro Pro Mic Adapter and the GoPro Hero5/6/7/8/9 Black cameras. (This cable is included in our NFlightCam Audio+Power Solution for the GoPro Hero5/6/7/8/9 Black.)
- This cable is also available in a helicopter version (from the dropdown menu). This variation uses a Male TP-101 plug and a Female U-92 jack (the standard 0.5" 4-conductor plugs used in most civilian helicopters).
This cable allows you to record all ATC and cockpit intercom transmissions on a digital audio recording device. Unlike a smartphone, this cable uses the standard 3-pole audio input and is compatible with most digital audio recorders, digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras with audio input, and other standard audio recording devices. It is NOT compatible with smartphones or GoPro; please see our other specialty cables for these products.
Why does this cable not work with my iPhone or Android?
Smartphones use the headphone jack for both audio output and input. In order to do this, a 4th pole was added to the standard 3.5mm connector. However, long before the advent of smartphones, the digital audio recorders were using the standard 3-pole 3.5mm connector.
SKU 430 (fixed-wing)
SKU 430H (helicopter/military)
SKU 430L (fixed-wing extra long cable: 10ft rather than 6ft)
Worked as expected. These guys stand by their products.
Works great. Excellent product.
Fast to ship, quality product and works well! Thank you.
Excellent customer service with great follow-up helping fix the problem I had because I ordered the wrong cable. We got it sorted out and pleased to announce that the cable works fantastic. Super excited. Thanks for all of the help.
I bought my own cables off Amazon, but the audio quality was terrible. Bought these and audio quality has been perfect ever since.