NFlightCam Audio Recording Cable for Smartphones
- Capture everything you hear in your headset, including ATC audio.
- Noise-cancelling audio circuit creates crystal-clear audio recording.
- Quick and easy to install in any aircraft with a standard PJ jack.
- Works with standard twin-plug headsets.
- Works with iPhones and iPad models with a 3.5mm jack and most Android devices.
- Does not work with GoPro cameras, digital video cameras, Sony Action Camera, DSLR cameras, or digital audio recorders. For those, please see our other audio cable offerings.
- This cable is also available in a helicopter version (from the dropdown menu). This variation uses a Male TP-101 plug and a Female U-92 jack (the standard 0.5" 4-conductor plugs used in most civilian helicopters).
- This cable is part of our NFlightCam Cockpit Kit for Smartphones, a great gift idea for any pilot.
Use this cable to connect your smartphone to your intercom. Plug one end into the phone and the other into a standard PJ jack. The phone will record everything you hear and say through the headset, including intercom and ATC communications.
The cable includes a female plug to connect to your headset so you’re not blocking an intercom jack.
iPhone and iPad models with a 3.5mm audio jack and most Android devices with a 3.5mm audio jack. Other smartphones require pairing with their adapters. If you need an Apple Lightning Adapter for your newer iPhone, simply add one to your cart.
*Not compatible with digital video cameras, DSLR cameras, or digital audio recording devices. Please see our Digital Audio Recording Cable for these devices.
Why does this cable not work with my video camera or digital audio recorder?
Smartphones use the headphone jack for both audio output and input. In order to do this, a fourth pole was added to the standard 3.5mm connector. However, long before the advent of smartphones, digital audio recorders were using the standard 3-pole 3.5mm connector.
SKU 409 (fixed-wing)
SKU 409H (helicopter/military)
This has helped me so much with my instrument. My instructor would dump so much on me during our flights that it was hard for me to remember what happened afterward. Not anymore! Having an exact record is really speeding up my lessons as I don’t spend half the flight going over the last one anymore. Pull the trigger and it will save you money in the long run. Thank you for creating something so awesome!
Works great, fast shipment, i might buy another one
As a student pilot, this device is great in recording my lessons where I can go back and re listen to what happened during the lesson. Highly recommend!
Cable works nicely with iPhone 8 using Apple's $8 Lighning to 3.5mm adapter. Great product that allows you to record video on your phone and record everything you hear in your headset.
Great Product! I would highly recommend!